About John Koster
John Koster was born and raised in the Arlington area. He and his wife, Vicki, who have been married for 46 years, ran a productive dairy business (3rd generation). They have four children and ten grandchildren.
Served three terms in the Washington State House of Representatives
- Served on Transportation Committee
- Served on Criminal Justice & Corrections Committee
- Served on Agriculture & Ecology Committee
- Served on the Capital Budget Committee
Elected to the Snohomish County Council in 2001
- Served as Council Chair in 2004, Vice Chair in 2002, 2003 & 2005
- Chair of Snohomish County Planning & Community Development Committee 2002–2005
- Chair of Operations Committee 2006–2010
- Chair the Law & Justice/Human Services Committee 2011-2013
Graduate of Arlington High School and EvCC. Served on the Snohomish County Agricultural Advisory Committee; past Board President of Arlington Christian School; attends Arlington First Baptist Church.
John Koster considers the public trust a priority and has been accountable to the citizens that he serves. His priorities start with protecting personal freedoms as mandated in the Constitution and holding government accountable to the people it serves. John is a proponent of a balanced approach in government, encouraging sound economic principles and common sense. He has tremendous faith and optimism that we can meet challenges without sacrificing our freedoms.